Difference between revisions of "Le Pont Mirabeau"
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
[[DD115738]]Typesetter's proof with pencilled correction
Revision as of 00:29, 31 May 2016
Delia's papers contain the complete typeset score for her musical setting of Apollinaire's poem of the same name, dated August 1968. It consists of two verses with a chorus after each verse.
Here it is, typeset using Lilypond and listenable as a MIDI file: Le Pont Mirabeau (score)
According to James Percival: 'it appears [to have been] written for a 1968 Schools Radio programme about Cubism in the series "Art and Design" [...] There is an off-air recording of most of this programme in the Manchester collection (DD263), and in Delia's realisation of Le Pont Mirabeau it's sung by White Noise vocalist John Whitman. The programme was written and narrated by Edward Lucie-Smith.'
Here is a new typesetting of Delia's proof copy of the score, following Delia's typographical indications exactly and including her correction to the professionally typeset version.
- the LilyPond source file
- a MIDI file that you can listen to
- An audio file of the MIDI file played on a cheesy electric piano
Le Pont Mirabeau (score)
|Problems listening to this file? See media help.|
DD115738: Typesetter's proof with Delia's pencilled correction
- In Delia's Attic Tapes on
For the availability of the programme in which it was used, see Cubism.
- James Percival's Feb 2012 message to email@example.com
- DD115632: Manuscript for Le Pont Mirabeau dated August 1968.
- DD115738: Proof copy of Delia's professionally typeset score for Le Pont Mirabeau