The text is the poem “Il pleut” by Apollinaire. Highly evocative and literal treatments of this text. The poem’s graphology is apparently also reflected in Derbyshire’s treatments. [...] The label on this reel presumably refers to Penny as the singer.
- DD026: "Water Penny Studio"
- DD068: "Singing Waters" recording session
- DD069: "Singing Waters" treated material
- DD091: "Singing Waters" untreated material
- In James Percival's thesis there is a spectrogram of one of the makeup sounds (Attic Tape CDD/1/7/37 from 2'49"-3'00") converted here to noisy and distorted audio by resynthesizing it from the spectrogram