Wildlife Safari to the Argentine
It is also referred to as "Wildlife Safari to Argentina" and "Wildlife Safari to Southern South America".
Delia seems to have been very pleased with the result, as in one of her pages of notes, she writes "Tell Roger to remind me to jump up and down with delight".
Stefan Pstrowski seems to have helped out in a managerial role and Robin Prytherch prepared a tape for Delia with over 60 animal sounds, which they heard together in the afternoon of the 22nd May 1972.
The Performing Right Society's list of works by Delia Ann Derbyshire has:
Title: Wildlife Safari to the A Writer(s): Derbyshire Delia Ann Creation date: 20 July 1997
DD151310: Letter dated 1st September 1971 from Boswall to Head of Radiophonic Workshop: "Could I enquire whether it might be possible please to compose some radiophonic music for this series?"
DD151247: Letter dated 18th October 1971 from Briscoe to Boswall: "It is quite possible that Delia Derbyshire, who was, of course, responsible for the Great Zoos composition, would be able to do this."
DD145754: Letter dated 3rd January 1972 from Boswall to Organiser, Radiophonic Workshop: "I hope we can meet early in April and if at all possible we would like to have the music by the middle of May or at the latest the very end of May."
DD145728: Letter dated 18th May 1972 from Boswall to Delia: "Greatly looking forward to meeting you 2 p.m. Monday [...] Robin Prytherch is working hard [...] to provide you with at least 60 sounds."
DD145530: Letter dated 19th May 1972 from Boswall to Delia: "These recordings we hope will please you. All are BBC Copyright."
DD151402: Letter dated 19th May 1972 from Boswall to Delia, "NOTES FOR TITLES"
DD151418: "NOTES FOR TITLES" p.2
DD151446: "NOTES FOR TITLES" p.3
DD151513: "NOTES FOR TITLES" p.4
DD151022: Plans "Prog.1"
DD151043: Analysis of 50 animal sounds, p.1
DD151101: Analysis of 50 animal sounds, p.2
DD151118: Plans "Check timing" / "Do good intro"
- DD215: "Argentine Wildlife" Rhythmic sequences of animal noises
- DD281: "Rough RH for Stefan": "Rhythm from animal noises"
- TRW 7598 is missing from the BBC Sound Archive.
The film is mentioned twice on the net:
AUDUBON WILDLIFE FILM LECTURES - BALTIMORE CHAPTER MOS
The Audobon Wildlife Film lectures sponsored by the Baltimore Chapter of MOS will consist of the following programs in 1981-1982:
Apr. 23, Fri. - "Wildlife Safari to Argentina" - Jeffrey Boswall
"The BBC Natural History Unit at Bristol provided two excellent films: the Oven-bird from 'Wildlife Safari to Argentina', and 'the Private life of the..."
- The Tape Library List's entry for TRW 7598.
- DD151310: Letter dated 1st September 1971 from Boswall to Head of Radiophonic Workshop.
- DD145728: Letter dated 18th May 1972 from Jeffery Boswall to Delia.
- RH = Rhythm.
- HOWARD: Maryland Ornithological Society newsletter, September-October 1981, Vol. 10 No. 1
- IBIS: The International Journal of Avian Science, Volume 118, Issue 3, pages 456–472, July 1976: British Ornithologists' Union: Report of the Council for 1975